Estudiantes por la Libertad (EsLibertad), a region within Students For Liberty, is now looking for a Programs Associate who will work full time on the management and expansion of our network that includes 14 countries and over 300 leadership programs participants organizing events and projects that reach over 15,000 students.
The Programs Associate will be responsible for recruiting, training, events support and promotion, student grant administration, and data collection and organization on the activities of the region. The Associate will also be responsible for creating and supporting EsLibertad’s campus and local groups.
The position is remote, based in the Spanish Speaking Americas, and requires travel throughout the region. A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s mission statement..
- Organize outreach, recruiting, program participant interviews, training, and onboarding of new student leaders
- Mentor student leaders and work with them to create professional development plans
- Prompt and facilitate new student projects and programs based on needs of the region
- Support the student grant application, review, execution, and reporting process
- Train and consult student leadership in effective planning and execution of campus events, regional conferences, retreats, and leadership fora
- Ensure events in the region are high quality
- Ensure timely and complete event and other project reporting
- Facilitate data collection and processing
- Support regional communication efforts
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture and brand
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
The following qualifications are required:
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Volunteer management and/or supervising experience
- Program and/or project management experience
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in English
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- High proficiency with Google Office Suite (preferred) and/or Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms and online communication tools
- Ability to show discretion
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Flexibility and team-focus in prioritizing, organizing and pitching in on projects and tasks
- Willingness to travel frequently
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate life experience
- Residency in a country in the Spanish Speaking Americas
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume as .pdf documents to Victoria Ramírez ([email protected]).
We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we may ask you to provide references from past co-workers or supervisors.