Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to serve as a North American Programs Associate. This is a full-time position working on the North American team to support our network of volunteers across the continent.
The North American Programs Associate will work with our team to grow our network across North America, facilitate and track the progress of program participants, and execute online and in person trainings.
The ideal candidate has experience with a combination of student organizing, volunteer management, project management, public speaking, networking, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s mission statement.
- Identifying and recruiting aligned student leaders
- Providing in person and online trainings
- Providing mentorship for student volunteers
- Supporting high quality event execution, including conferences, retreats, academic colloquia, leadership fora, and campus & local events
- Supporting various projects within the North American team
- Tracking progress towards specific goals and timelines
- Serving as a representative of the organization at public events
- Upholding SFL’s values, culture and brand
Qualifications of an Ideal Candidate:
The following qualifications are required:
- Student organizing or Volunteer management experience
- Ability to balance many different projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- High proficiency with Google Office Suite (preferred) and/or Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to show discretion
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Willingness to travel frequently
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree
- US residency and primary place of living
- Knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms and online communication tools
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty
Anyone interested in applying for the North American Programs Associate position should submit the following to [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- CV or Resume
- References from past co-workers or supervisors
We will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.